Let the church say YES! While contemplating the keys to building a successful brand, I was amazed at the commonalities between church building and brand building. Even if you rarely frequent churches, there are powerful, and insightful lessons to be learned from how churches grow their audience, create a community of givers/investors, and the gold standard… turn people into brand evangelists.
After listening to this episode, I invite you to tweet your feedback @DrShanteSays or leave a review on iTunes.
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the CEO of Design Her Label where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
Episode Action Steps:
- Stop Charging at the Door
- Connect Your Platform to the Needs, Desires or the People You Want to Serve
- Serve even when people don’t give
- Create a Shareable Experience
- “Your brand drives the business, not the other way around.”
- “Stop shoving appointment books in front of your client’s faces and learn how to serve their needs”
- “Churches create a community of givers by being servers.”
- [01:15] Commonality between brand building and church building
- [02:00] Upon this Rock I will build my brand
- [03:40] What is your doctrine?
- [05:00] Feeding Your Sheep
- [06:00] Building through Serving
- [08:00] Connecting the Needs of People
- [08:34] Building an Audience Takes Time
- [09:15] Don’t Mistake the Brand for the Business
- [11:15] 2 Months Later, 10,000 Downloads
- [12:25] Evidence You’re Too focused on business vs branding
- [14:40] Stop Charging at the Door
- [15:55] Brands Drive Business
- [16:44] Create a Community of Givers
- [17:55] Be Willing to Serve When People Don’t Give
- [19:00] Spreading Your Gospel (Message)
- [20:55] Create a Shareable Experience
- [23:30] 3 Keys to Building Your Brand Church
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays