Episode 008: Pernille Lopez – The Risk of Doing Nothing
When we think about taking a great leap forward, many of us get scared and chicken out. We believe the real risk is moving forward. But what if the bigger risk is staying put? In this episode, Former President and CEO of IKEA Pernille Spiers Lopez, shares her lessons learned about leaving her comfort zone and the gift of failure.
After listening, I invite you to Tweet your feedback on Twitter @DrShanteSays and Leave a Review on iTunes.
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the CEO of Design Her Label where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
In this podcast, Dr. Shante interviews former President and CEO of IKEA, Pernille Spiers Lopez, to discuss life after IKEA, the launch of her new book, and helping others design a life that they love.
Episode Action Steps:
- Evaluate your vision: Do You Still Want This?
- Assemble a personal board of directors to support you
- Read, The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
- Read, “The Art of Possibility” by Rosamund Stone Zander
- “It is during those tough moments that we learn the most about ourselves.”
- “Anything worth having is going to be hard work.”
- “There’s a bigger risk of doing nothing.”
Good Life Designed – Workshops, Community, Resources
Pernille’s Book: Design Your Life
- [01:00] Life After IKEA
- [03:00] Building a legacy
- [04:24] Early struggles as a journalist
- [05:10] Leaving it all behind
- [06:15] When Your Degree doesn’t = Dream Job
- [07:40] Inspiration through Interaction
- [09:00] Leveraging Your Skills
[09:24] Managing fear
- [10:38] Your Power Moments
- [11:30] Evaluate the Evidence of Your Success
- [12:52] The Risk of Doing Nothing
- [14:45] Good Reads: The Alchemist and The Art of Possibility
- [18:14] Taking Action with Pernille
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays