Many of us want success; but fewer of us are willing to do what it takes to actually get there. When we allow ourselves to become distracted by time wasting activities or caught up in a mundane, life routine, we lose track of our true mission and grow further away from our goals. In this episode Dr. Shante reveals some of the bad habits that cause us to stagnate and offers strategies for moving forward.
After listening to this episode I invite you to tweet your feedback @DrShanteSays or leave a review on iTunes!
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the CEO of Design Her Label where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
In this podcast, Dr. Shante examines three critical elements of a success habitat: circle of influence, fertile soil for growth, and the benefits of changing your scenery.
Episode Action Steps:
- Stop reaching for your phone first thing in the morning; meditate instead
- Set daily intentions; don’t allow life to just happen
- Evaluate how your daily activities are contributing to your purpose
- Sacrifice social media and pop culture interactions for more purpose-driven activities
- “You have to exercise the discipline to reap the dividends.”
- “You cant wait for other people to show up in your life; You have to be the one to show up.”
- “We’re so busy Keeping up with the Kardashians that we’re not cognizant of our own cash flow.”
- “You have to be willing to Master Your Craft.”
- “If you want to be great, you have to start great.”
(PROMO CODE: PMW15 for discount)
Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill
- [01:30] Sacrificing for Success
- [02:34] The Case of the Quick Fix
- [04:18] Dissing other entrepreneurs damages your brand
- [05:07] Don’t be overly focused on the payoff
- [07:24] Evaluate your daily routine
- [08:47] How does being “busy” improve your bottom line?
- [10:55] Sacrifice “Hashtags” to build Hallmarks
- [11:40] Put Your Excuses on Hold
- [14:30] What Prices Are you Willing to Pay for Your Success?
- [17:40] Exercise discipline to reap the dividends
- [21:00] Being alone can be a superpower
- [22:53] Be willing to Master your Craft
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays