Imagine quitting your job with the hope and excitement of an advance on your new book deal, a string of new brand partnerships, and all of your personal relationships intact. Now, imagine all of it falling apart just days before your final day of safety and security at your full time job with benefits. That’s what happened to author/blogger Jocelyn Delk Adams, creator of Grandbaby Cakes. Listen to how she bounced back when the bottom nearly fell out of her dream.
In this episode learn about trusting the timing of your life, the cure for despair, and finding inspiration in your personal triumphs.
After listening to this episode, I invite you to tweet your feedback @DrShanteSays or leave a review on iTunes.
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the CEO of Design Her Label where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
Episode Action Steps:
- Build Your Brand through Content
- Consistently Guest Post for Other Brands
- Hard work is the only option when things fall apart
- Keep Going until you have Success
- Success requires: “Trust the Timing of Your Life”
- “Being broke forced me to hustle in a way that I wouldn’t have, had things worked out as I hoped”
- “Don’t look at others as a point of comparison, Your journey is your journey. “
- 04:26 Money Doesn’t Rain from Heaven…It doesn’t even Sprinkle
- 05:41 No Guarantees
- 10:4- Making financial sacrifices
- 12:37 Life After Quitting
- 14:25 I Didn’t Get Confirmation Right Away
- 19:58 Don’t Throw in the Towel
- 23:48 Comparison is not the way you Grow
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays