Sometimes, it’s not what you do, but how you do it. After three years, and thousands of dollars invested in law school, startup attorney, Rachel Rodgers didn’t see any career options that appealed to her. While her colleagues were lining up lucrative job offers, she declined, took a year off and mapped out what it would look like to practice law on her terms. Five years later, she shares how she achieved multiple six-figure success, with a powerhouse legal team that serves client all across the globe.
After listening to this episode, I invite you to tweet your feedback @DrShanteSays or leave a review on iTunes.
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the CEO of Design Her Label where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
In this podcast, Dr. Shante interviews Rachel Rodgers, ESQ., lead attorney for the Rodgers Collective. Her best-selling, DIY Legal Kit, “Small Business Bodyguard” has quickly made her a favorite among entrepreneurs
Episode Action Steps:
- Don’t get rushed into making a poor decision
- Divorce yourself from traditional notions of what a business is supposed to look like
- Read, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Use, “HipScout” to manage your customer service needs
- [Regarding Spousal Support] “I married you AND Direct Deposit.”
- “There are a lot of people working hard to be cookie cutter.”
- “I’d rather be broke and happy than rich and miserable.”
4 Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferriss
- 02:08 Questioning what you really want
- 03:57 Moments of Indecision
- 05:05 Taking the Leap
- 08:45 Recognized for Bucking the Status Quo
- 10:00 Choosing to be the sole bread winner
- 12:28 Motivated by Purpose
- 15:25 Ignoring traditional roles
- 16:40 Don’t Miss your window of opportunity
- 18:17 Struggles at Every Level
- 22:20 High Level of Customer Service = Higher Premiums
- 23:55 Divorce yourself from traditional business notions
- 25:00 Small Business Bodyguard
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays