The film, ‘Straight Outta Compton” reminds us that we can give birth to dreams in the unlikeliest of places. While gun violence, police brutality and racial profiling may not plague us, all of us know what it is to be in a place where our dreams seem impossible, unreachable, and unrealistic. In this week’s podcast I use the Valley of Dry Bones to speak life back into your dreams and let you know that wherever your dreams are stuck, you can come Straight Outta’ that place.
After listening to this episode, I invite you to tweet your feedback @DrShanteSays or leave a review on iTunes.
About the Host, Dr. Shante Bishop
Dr. Shante is a nationally recognized brand strategist with a client portfolio that includes talent from HGTV, NBC Network, and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Her work has been featured in Forbes, JET Magazine, Fox Network, and WCIU Chicago.
She is also the creator of the Design Your Own Brand (DYOB) Makeover Experience, where she equips entrepreneurs and influencers with the tools to build and believe BIGGER.
Episode Action Steps:
- Acknowledge that Your Mindset has to SHIFT
- You can’t be envious of others’ success and expect to have your own
- Stop Self Sabotaging: Visualize the people that you were went to serve
- Iron Sharpens Iron: Utilize the gifts of like minded individuals to help your vision gather momentum
- “Some of you are looking at your circumstances and asking if this is even possible”
- “When you move towards your dream, you will attract opposition”
- “You’re going to come out of this in one piece. The struggle is temporary.“
Failing Forward by John Maxwell
Be sure to add your comments and feedback below or via Twitter @DrShanteSays